Make Your Computer Run Faster

Bookmark and Share
This is my own personal "advice" on how to make your computer run faster. Do not try to do things on your computer if you do not have knowledge of your computer. Proceed at your own risk.

The tip is based on my personal emachine computer and how to get the best performance. If you use a Macintosh or Dell or any other type of computer tips may not be useful or even appropriate.

Disk Cleanup

Disk Cleanup will be done manually or automatically adjusted. Go to the bottom left of your screen and click on Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk Cleanup. I usually use the link or right click on Disk Cleanup option and "pin" for the start menu so I can see it more easily. A typical box will appear to clear the Disk C. Click "OK" and it will calculate how much can be cleaned. Check the appropriate box or all boxes and select OK. This will clean up your disk.

______________________________________________________

Disk Defragmenter

Located in the same place as Disk Cleanup You Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk Defragmenter. After my selection click on Drive C and Drive D. Click on C, and then click Defragment of choice. This will automatically defragment your files. This may take some time if not done in a few moments and you can watch the progress. Once you are done you can also click on Drive D and defrag it as well. Also I pin on my start menu.

______________________________________________________

Firefox

I am running webrowser called Firefox. Its like Internet Explorer but I feel faster. For Firefox users I recommend checking with Firefox addon called Fasterfox 3.8.2Lite. I get some good performance of this particular addon.

______________________________________________________

Performance

What I usually do is click on Start - control panel - system management - performance - Settings - and uncheck the box titled adjust for best performance and implement.

______________________________________________________

Display

I only run 16 bit color on my computer by clicking Start-control panel-display - settings - high quality color (16bit)

______________________________________________________

RAM

Many computers have the ability to install more RAM. Its all about RAM. RAM is random access memory. My emachine originally came with 512 MB of RAM for $ 55 and I could buy an extra gig of RAM. This required me to install their own however. If you do not know anything about computers, computer qualified person install it for you. The main picture of the hub is a "stick of RAM". Usually in your computer is extra space for more RAM. You should check around to see if the computer model you can afford to have more RAM and how much they hold. If you do not know what you are doing is NOT IT.

______________________________________________________

Storage

Some other tricks that I use do not store anything on my computer. I learned early that my need for a computer is best served by other navigation capabilities of storage. I use the store website. I use Notepad Yahoo to safeguard information. I use Youtube to the video store or do I have to. I use many sites to keep the link to an image I need or I want.

There are many places you can store your stuff. If you load your computer to your music and pictures on your computer will eventually slow down. Instead of my computer to my music library using a free toolbar with all the dozens of music playlists music and video player. It has thousands of songs and videos and do not store anything on my computer! There are many places you can save or store items.

There are many places on the internet where you can upload, image backup or online store. I think this place is better prepared to safely store and maintain this type of material, rather than my computer, where they take up space.

______________________________________________________

Security

Rather than Norton or McAfee security system I use AVG free anti-virus software. I found that my computer will run just a little faster without some security software is more famous and programs. Note that some secuity systems, programs and software are not compatible with each other. Make sure you know what you are doing before changing security and anti-virus protection on your computer or just do not do it!

______________________________________________________

At your peril

Remember the idea is only my personal thoughts and advice and proceed at your own risk when trying one idea.

Some things are more aggressive to do so in my humble 80 G emachine is: I've done a complete restore destructive at times, setting back to its original state (if you do not know what you do not do that). I then remove programs such as MSFT and big money to fix and some other programs that I use .. I also removed Norton and McAfee and install AVG free for my security instead.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment